12 THINGS I WISH I KNEW AT 25 by Fr. James Matin, SJ
Came across this yesterday and just wanted a keepsake of it, something to look back on and read time after time.
- Stop worrying so much. It's useless.
- Being a saint means being you. Stop trying to be someone else and just be your best self. Saves you headache.
- There's no right way to pray, any more than there is a right way to be a friend. What's best is what works for you.
- Remember 3 things and save yourself lots of unneeded heartaches:
- You're not God.
- This isn't Heaven.
- Don't act like a jerk.
- You're not God.
- Your deepest, most heartfelt desires are God's desires for you. And vice versa. Listen. And follow them.
- Within you is the idea of your best self. Act as if you were that person and you will become that person, with God's grace.
- Don't worry too much about the worst that can happen. Even if it happens, God is with you and you can handle it. Really.
- You can't force people to approve of you, agree with you, be impressed with you, love you or even like you. Stop trying.
- When we compare, we are usually imagining someone else's like falsely. Therefore, our real life loses out. Compare and despair.
- Even when you finally realized the right thing or the Christian thing to do it can still be hard to do. Do it anyways.
- Seven things to say frequently:
- I love you.
- Thank you.
- Thank you God.
- Forgive me.
- I'm so happy for you.
- Why not?
- Yes.
- I love you.
- Peace and joy comes after asking God to free you – from anything that keeps you from being loving and compassionate.
Sticks, stones & broken bones
Meghann
Comments
Post a Comment